We often use turmeric in cooking.The turmeric on shelves and in spice cabinets is made of the ground roots of the plant. Ground turmeric is a major ingredient in curry.It's also been used as medicine.
One tablespoon (tbsp) of turmeric powder provides:
1) 0.93 grams (g) of protein
2) 32 calories
3) 0.30 g of fat
4) 6.31 g of carbohydrates
5) 2.1 g of fiber
6) 0.2 g of sugar
Here are the top health benefits of turmeric:
1) Turmeric is thought of as a pain reliever. The spice is reputed to relieve arthritis pain as well.
2) Improving liver function.
3) Reducing the risk of cancer.
4) Turmeric helps digestion.
5) Turmeric may also inhibit the growth of melanoma cells and tumor progression.
6) Turmeric helps your body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
7) Turmeric Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body.
8) Turmeric help reverse many steps in the heart disease process.
9) Turmeric a potent anti-inflammatory antioxidant help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
10) Turmeric might help you to fight off a variety of viruses, including herpes and the flu.
11) Turmeric can help Reduce LDL bad cholesterol.