What is the benefit of eating peanuts every day?
13 July 2020, Mon
If you ate peanuts every day do you ever wonder how it would impact you? Is it safe to eat peanuts every day? Researchers have found that eating peanuts each day can help with your heart health.
Want to learn more about Peanuts & Your Heart?
The American Heart Association has certified peanuts with the Heart- Checkmark to make it easy to identify heart-healthy foods. In addition, scientific evidence suggests but does not prove that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts, including peanuts, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease.
If you eat peanuts every day you get protein, vitamins, minerals, and more! Peanuts have more protein than any nut (7g per serving), containing more than 30 essential vitamins and minerals, and are a good source of fiber and good fats.
Vitamins & Minerals:
Peanuts are an excellent source of (20% of the Daily Value):
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a dietary antioxidant that helps to protect cells from oxidative stress, a normal, yet damaging, physiological process (1).
- Magnesium: Magnesium is important for muscle function including the heart, enzyme function and energy production (2).
- Folate: Folate is needed for cell division, which means that adequate folate intake is especially important during pregnancy and childhood when tissues are growing rapidly (3).
- Copper: Copper is essential for red blood cell formation and for healthy blood vessels, nerves, immune system and bones (4).
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is important for the formation of teeth and bones, cell growth and muscle function, as well as helping the body use vitamins to create energy for cells (5).
- Fiber: Fiber adds bulk to your diet and helps you feel full longer while aiding in digestion (6). In fact, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans urge Americans to consume more fiber-rich plant foods for better health.
- Niacin: Niacin is an important B vitamin that helps to convert food to energy, aids with the digestive and nervous system, and helps the skin (7).
- Manganese: Manganese is important for processing cholesterol, and nutrients like carbohydrates and protein (8).
- So, is it safe to eat peanuts every day? The short answer is yes*. You can have great health benefits from eating peanuts each day. Peanuts can be a great addition to a plant-forward lifestyle. Source: nationalpeanutboard