Agitating of students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) has threatened to lock down all the buildings of Buet if Vice-Chancellor Prof Saiful fails to meet them by Friday.
They made the announcement during their fourth-day protest in front of Buet Shaheed Minar around 11:30 am on Thursday (October 10).
Protesters said, "If the VC fails to meet us by 2 pm tomorrow [Friday], we will lock down all the administrative and academic buildings of Buet."
The revised 10-point demand is:
1. Highest punishment of killers
2. Permanent expulsion of identified killers from the university within 72 hours
3. Ensure justice by settling the cases in the shortest time through a speedy tribunal
4. Explanation from the VC within 2 pm on Friday, about why he refrained from being present on the campus even after 30 hours into the incident
5. Explanation from DSW (Directorate of Students Welfare, Buet) chief on why he fled the crime scene after the incident
6. Expulsion of students involved with physical and mental abuse of residential students in the name of ragging by October 11
7. Compensation and bearing of all legal expenses for Abrar’s family by Buet authorities
8. Banning student politics on campus within seven days
9. The establishment of a website or form where students can express their grievances regarding incidents similar to Abrar's one, within October 11. The students should be able to access it using their Buet BIIS account
10. Withdrawal of Sher-E-Bangla Hall Dr Md Zafar Iqbal Khan within October 11