The football observatory group of International Centre for Sports Studies (CIES) released Tuesday its list of players in Europe's top five leagues with their greatest estimated transfer values.
The list featured footballers from British Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, German league Bundesliga, and France’s Ligue 1.
Kylian Mbappe of Paris St-Germain topped the list with a market value of €265.2 million ($296.4 million). He was also the most valuable forward on the list.
Manchester City's Raheem Sterling came second with €223.7 million ($250 million) and Mohamed Salah of Liverpool took the third spot with €175.1 million ($195.7 million).
Barcelona's star Lionel Messi valued at €125.5 million ($140.2 million) to gain the eighth place in the list, while Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus was rated at €80.3 million ($89.7 million) to stand at the 49th spot.
In the list, Liverpool's goalkeeper Alisson Becker became the most expensive goalkeeper as his teammate Virgil van Dijk was named the most expensive center-back.
James Maddison from Leicester City was the most valuable midfielder in the list
Here is the CIES Football Observatory's top 10 most valuable football players list:
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG): €265.2 million
2. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City): €223.7 million
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): €175.1 million
4. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund): €168.9 million
5. Sadio Mane (Liverpool): €155.6 million
6. Harry Kane (Tottenham): €150.5 million
7. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United): €134.3 million
8. Lionel Messi (Barcelona): €125.5 million
9. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona): €123.6 million
10. Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan): €115.7 million